Planter fasciitis is a very painful condition. If you are one of those suffering from the condition, you’re probably thinking of all ways to get rid of the problem as soon as you can so you can live in peace. Though when you suffer from any foot condition let alone planter fasciitis, you need to pay a visit to Podiatrist Crown Point soon enough. But also, there are many home remedies doctors suggest you can try at home to ease the pain.
- Massage is a great way to ease the pain. Many people find relief in this method. When they massage their muscles, you feel at peace and comfort. You can gently massage the ankle and feet with both hands or you can roll a golf ball gently. It helps the muscle to relax. Rubbing a water bottle back and forth is also a great way to relieve you from the pain.
- Stretching has also proven to be quite helpful in relieving the pain. Stretch your ankle, foot and calf muscles as you feel the need to loosen the tight fascia. Usually Podiatrist Crown Point says that planter fasciitis pain is at the worst in the morning. You can do it then to help relax and ease the pain.
- Ice is the best way to reduce any inflammation if you find your feet and ankles to be swollen. Ice helps greatly in reducing the pain as well. Place your foot on a pack of frozen veggies or you can use an ice pack for the pain. There are also ice pack shoes available in the market. You can use those shoes as well for optimal relief.
- Usually people don’t take much rest, even when they are suffering from some sort of medical condition. It is a shame and if people want to recover from their conditions, they need to take enough rest. Same goes for planter fasciitis. If you want to get rid of the foot condition, Podiatrist Crown Point says you need enough rest to relieve the pain and feel better all over again. The best thing about this condition is that is you take enough rest and precautionary measures, you will be able to manage your condition within no time.
- One thing people usually don’t pay attention to is wearing the right sized and shaped shoes. Remember, not just for planter fasciitis but for all other foot related conditions, wearing the right sized shoes that fit you properly is the way to go. The right sized footwear can make a tremendous difference. Also avoid those types of shoes that do not offer any support at all.